The office of the County Clerk is an elected office with a four-year term. Jersey County Clerk Pam Warford was elected to her first term in November of 2014.
The office is located on the lower level of the Jersey County Government Building, on the block immediately north and west of the Courthouse, at 200 North Lafayette Street.
Our Office Hours are:
Monday through Thursday 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Friday 8:00AM to 12:00 noon
Some of the main functions of the Jersey County Clerk’s office are:
- Serving as Clerk to the County Board, keeping minutes of their meetings and keeping accurate records of County Board proceedings
- Serving as Election Authority, administering all elections in Jersey County
- Maintaining and administering Voter Registration Services
- Maintaining the County’s vital records, such as births, deaths, and marriages, and reporting statistics to the State
- Issuing Marriage and Civil Union Licenses
- Serving as Recorder of Deeds, and recording and certifying Military Discharge papers
- Commissioning Notary Publics
- Filing Assumed Business Names
- Receiving delinquent tax payments
- Calculating the tax rates for various taxing bodies and working with the Supervisor of Assessments, Board of Review, and the County Treasurer to issue property tax bills.