With proper identification, a certified copy of a marriage license may be obtained from our office in person or by mail. Due to the confidential nature of marriage records, these documents may not be faxed or emailed.
- To submit an online request for a marriage record click here.
- To submit a request by mail please use the Marriage License Request Form. Print and complete all information on the form, including your signature, and send with the appropriate fee and a copy of your photo ID.
Mail requests to:
Jersey County Clerk
P. O. Box 216
Jerseyville, IL 62052
- The fee to search for a marriage record is $16. If the record is found, one certified copy is furnished.
- Additional copies of the same record issued at the same time are available for $8 each.
- Cash, checks, money orders, as well as MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover are accepted. A $2 service fee is added to all credit/debit card transactions.