Now you can order vital records online 24/7!
Simply click on this link and enter the requested information.
With proper identification, records of Jersey County deaths can be obtained in person or by mail. Due to the confidential nature of death records, these documents may not be faxed or emailed.
According to Illinois law, to obtain a certified copy of a death certificate, you must be one of the following:
- A person having documentation of a personal or property right interest in the record, or their duly authorized agent holding a written, signed statement to that effect.
- A person having a genealogical interest if the record is over 20 years old.
To make an online request for a death record and pay with a credit card, click here.
To submit a request by mail, please use the Death Certificate Request Form. Print and complete all information on the form including your signature, and send with the appropriate fee and a copy of your photo ID.
Requests may be mailed to:
Jersey County Clerk
P. O. Box 216
Jerseyville, IL 62052
- The fee to search for a death record is $14. If the record is found, one certified copy is furnished.
- Additional copies of the same record issued at the same time are available for $8 each.
- Cash, checks, money orders, as well as MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover are accepted. A $2 service fee is added to all credit/debit card transactions.
If the person died in another Illinois county, the record may be obtained from that county or from the Illinois Department of Public Health.